For women with naturally textured hair, finding hair care products made with wholesome ingredients while watching their wallets can be a challenge. Recognizing this, Cosmos Corporation has built on its legacy that started in human haircare to introduce Texture Theory, which launched exclusively in approximately 6,000 Dollar General stores in July 2022. Texture Theory providing luxurious haircare for curly, coily and kinky hair at an affordable price. See the full list of Texture Theory products below.
Complete Textured Haircare On Any Budget
“Consumers want textured haircare products they can trust to showcase every stunning strand without shrinking their wallets,” said Kristen Presker, Category and Brand Development Manager for Personal Care at Cosmos. “Texture Theory products are priced at $5 each in Dollar General stores, making a complete haircare system made with safe, wholesome ingredients practical and accessible on any budget.”
Texture Theory debuted in July in select Dollar General stores across the United States and offers seven products that can be mixed, matched and layered for a haircare routine tailored to each person’s unique blend of textures. Ranging from cleansing products and protective care to styling aids, every formula in the line features four key ingredients: mango butter, avocado oil, castor oil, and jojoba oil. Texture Theory products also never use sulfates, parabens, phthalates, silicones, or harsh chemicals.
“Texture Theory products for wash day and any day provide the perfect blend of moisture, manageability, strength, and style to bring out the natural beauty of textured hair,” Presker said.
Helping Women Feel Confident on the Inside and Outside
To mark the launch of Texture Theory, Cosmos, which was founded on a mission of giving back, has contributed to Rung for Women Wellness Programming to support women on their paths to family-sustaining careers.
“Cosmos is committed to caring for the whole woman,” Presker said. “Just as our Texture Theory products help women feel confident on the outside, our support to Rung is helping women feel confident and powerful on the inside.”
St. Louis-based nonprofit Rung for Women offers a holistic program of professional and personal development opportunities (such as healthcare, wellness, and financial education) along with supportive resources and a community for women who want to earn more money and elevate their lives. Learn more about Rung for Women wellness programming at rungforwomen.org/our-program.
The Right Products for Kinky, Coily & Curly Hair Types
Texture Theory products that launched in select Dollar General stores starting in July 2022 include:
- Low Foam Shampoo – low-lather formula cleanses hair without stripping away natural oils
- Moisturizing Conditioner – detangles and hydrates; essential fatty acids support a healthy scalp
- Mask Treatment – promotes soft, silky curls and can be used as a co-wash
- Leave-In Conditioner – multi-use product conditions, detangles, and hydrates curls
- Curl Refresher Spray – non-sticky, non-crunchy spray enhances curls and makes them pop
- Styling Gel – promotes well-defined, free-flowing, long-lasting, flake-free curls, coils and kinks
- Scalp Oil – gives coils and kinks a non-greasy shine while replenishing scalp moisture
Coming to the Texture Theory line in October 2022:
- Hydrating Pudding – combats frizz, maintains defined curls, and quickly hydrates curls on the go